Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

South Korea (update 5, sunken ferry) - prime minister resigns #PrayForSouthKorea

I'm sorry for nothing having updated my blog these past days, but I just haven't been able to make myself write anything. This terrible accident and the rising death toll is just to terrible. I simply haven't had anything to write about. I really don't feel like finish watching "That Winter, The Wind Blows", I'm still on episode 14. Even thought it's not a comedy drama I just don't feel like watching dramas or things like that now.

So, the prime minister Chung Hong-won announced this morning that he would resign as his it would be too great of a burden on the administration if he kept his post. He have faced really much critic in his handling of the accident and I can understand why.

Also all 15 members of the crew, including the captain, have been taken into custody by the police and are being investigated.

I won't be writing more about this, with exception if a miracle or something really big happens. Updating everyday about this and seeing the death toll rising just makes me so sad and I just ... every time I update the death toll has risen and my hope just ... It's just to sad.

I have lost my oldest brother, he died of cancer,he was only 20 years old. I can understand how it feels to lose someone, I now how these families are feeling. Losing a family member is something that brings sorrow that will never go away, those who haven't lost someone, no matter how hard they try to understand they just can't, it's impossible to understand these types of feelings if you haven't felt them before. I lost my brother 3 years ago and I still haven't gotten over it, I won't ever get over it. I still cry some nights. I understand these families and the thing is that it's more terrible to lose a daughter or sibling in a accident then the way I lost, that's what I think, to lose someone that sudden and in a so terrible way gives a sorrow that is even harder to understand then the sorrow I feel.
I pray, I pray and I pray. I will never stop praying for a miracle and I will never stop praying for those who have survived.

Go to this link and this, there they daily update about this and you can read all the old news if you haven't done it yet.

After reading this article I broke out in tears and I just couldn't stop, it's to heartbreaking.

Update
476 persons were onboard the ferry
325 were students
15 were teachers
136 were families and others

187 people confirmed dead
174 people rescued
115 people still missing

#PrayForSouthKorea
#Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment